Englewood, NJ Dental Laser Technology – Dentistry’s Newest Technology
At Englewood Dental, we pride ourselves on offering our patients the very best, cutting edge treatment modalities for comfort, great results and optimal dental health.
Laser dentistry is just one of the latest technologies being utilized at Englewood Dental for a variety of procedures. It offers numerous advantages: for one, patients will find that drilling and, consequently, local anesthetics may be unnecessary during some procedures, ultimately providing a much more relaxed dental visit. Lasers can reduce post-treatment symptoms and healing times. From our facility in Englewood, New Jersey, our dental lasers services can reduce the amount of bacteria in both diseased gum tissue and in tooth cavities, helping to lessen infection risks. Lasers can be extremely precise and help to control bleeding during surgery. Laser dentistry can be ideal for those patients who avoid treatment due to fear of needles.
What is a laser and how does it work?
A laser is an instrument that produces a very narrow, intense beam of light energy. The light produced by the laser can remove or shape tissue. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has determined that lasers can be used as a safe and effective treatment for a wide range of dental procedures, often in conjunction with other dental instruments.
Dental lasers can be used to:
- correct speech problems caused by a tongue-tie, which prevents normal tongue movement.
- uncover partially erupted wisdom teeth.
- remove decay from a cavity and prepare the tooth for a new filling.
- remove muscle pulls, as seen in orthodontic patients.
- manage gum tissue during impressions for crowns.
- remove swollen tissues caused by medications.
- perform biopsy procedures.
- remove inflamed gum tissues and reduce the amount of bacteria within a periodontal pocket.
- remove or reshape excess gum and bone tissues during crown lengthening procedures.
- treat abscessed gums and infections in root canals.
- reduce the discomfort of canker and cold sores.
- activate whitening chemicals that are used to lighten teeth.
Are dental lasers safe?
If the dental laser is used according to accepted practices by a trained practitioner, then it is at least as safe as other dental instruments.
What are the benefits of using dental lasers?
There are several advantages. Dentists may not need to utilize a drill or administer anesthesia, allowing the patient to enjoy a more relaxed dental experience. Laser procedures can be more precise. Also, lasers can reduce symptoms and healing times associated with traditional therapies; reduce the amount of bacteria in both diseased gum tissue and in tooth cavities; and control bleeding during surgery.
Dental laser dentistry is not for every procedure but can be very effective and comfortable. Call our Englewood, NJ laser dental office at Englewood Office Phone Number 201-871-3555 to learn more about laser dentistry and if it’s right for you. We offer a free consultation (normal value $165) and will take time to explain our office’s many options and the procedure that will be best for you.